Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default digital tape recorder?

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 20:04:57 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I need to buy something that is - cheap - will record in solid state
So not a tape recorder? ;-)

nope.

AS I said a bit of googlng resulted in a 'spy drive'
USB stick with a battery and a microphone.

Cant wait to try it out..

Snag with a lot of these sort of things is you still need the mic in a
half decent place for a good recording. Regardless of how it records.

It also makes life a *lot* easier if you record in stereo, as then you
can physically place the voices, and they're easier to understand over
any background noise.

Sony used to sell a stereo tieclip microphone which worked with their
minidisc recorders, and was quite unobtrusive in use.

I just got a Sony recorder and tieclip microphone for recording my
lectures. So far it seems fine....