Krow

Default Anybody actually seen this new safety device?

Charlie Self wrote:

Bruce Barnett asks:

SNIP
Ayup. And they say $150 up front cost (if installed on the assembly line) and a
$75 cartridge replacement cost, but say nothing of the strain on the arbor and
trunnions when the assembly instantly drops below the table and is jammed to a
stop.

Charlie Self
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from
man."
H. L. Mencken

Think about what you're saying here. IF it works, I'm wondering if I
ran my fingers into the blade and it snapped my arbor and trunnions -
destroyed my saw - but didn't leave me fingerless, would I feel I'd
rather have lost my fingers (or arm or...) than the saw? I don't know
of any piece of machinery anywhere that I'd trade for any body part.

Keith