Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default digital tape recorder?

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:45:57 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I need to buy something that is
- cheap
- will record in solid state some kind of MP3 stream of about 3 hours
length or more
- that can be stuck on a disk later as a record of meetings.
- that is relatively unobtrusive - no not trying to bug! just don't
want a huge box bristling with dials that looks pretentious.

quality only need be good enough to be able top prepare transcriptions
by a competent audio typist and to clearly ID what was said.

Any recommendations?

I do NOT have a smart phone or any other 'gadget' that might be able to
do this already, nor do I want one.

I got a free gift of an MP4/MP3 player (ATIPIX) which I discovered had
a record function amongst its features and I've recorded a 5hr meeting
with it in my pocket. 1Gb memory + SD card slot.

Smaller than a mobile phone. Whilst you might not be able to find
that model it may well be that other MP4/MP3 players have similar
features.

--
AnthonyL