Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall tile adhesive as floor tile adhesive

On Saturday 05 October 2013 15:31 Cursitor Doom wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 14:02:59 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

Tub/readymixed adhesive is not waterproof (although it may tolerate
water in small doses) - that's one of the main issues. It is also not
that hard setting. Can't beat a cement based product for this type of
work

THanks. And what about grouting? Do you need a special type for floor
tiles? I only ask 'cos I've got about 10kg of wall tile grout left over
as well. Would be nice to use it up!

Is the grout powdered and does it mention floors?

If so, use it.

Do you really want the same coloured grout as on the walls - I made that
mistake once - used a white grout in a bathroom. Even with sealing, and a
relatively low-mud location it still goes grey/brown.

I wish I'd used a darker grout like the other floors - not a bit issue -
only I notice it, but it's one of those "if I knew, I'd do it differently".

:-|

Reading this on the web? See: