Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall tile adhesive as floor tile adhesive

On Saturday 05 October 2013 10:22 Cursitor Doom wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I've got 5l of Unibond wall tile adhesive and only 4 or 5 wall tiles left
to lay. On the other hand, I've got zero litres of floor tile adhesive
and 80 *floor* tiles to lay. You can understand my predicament. Any
observations?

No.

Use proper powdered floor tile adhesive that you mix as you use. It's more
painful but it will give the strongest longest lasting result.

I'm happy using wall tile readymix adhesive on walls. But floor tiles have
much demanded of them, both mechanically (heavy weights, walking on) and
water wise (washing down, damp in the floor etc).

It's hardly a big expense - scrimp and you will regret it.

Reading this on the web? See: