Doug Miller

Default Anybody actually seen this new safety device?

In article , "xrongor" wrote:

but we're getting into this theory that sawstop is trying hard to make it be
forced upon us. while that seems to be a persistant rumor, i have no
evidence or opinion either way on that issue. if it makes a statistically
significant (which is a number that could be debated) reduction in accidents
it should probably be considered.

No rumor. SawStop filed a petition with the Consumer Product Safety Commission
requesting that automatic-stop technology be required on all table saws. It's
been cussed and discussed to death on this ng at least twice in the last year
or so. DAGS and you'll see what I mean.

--
Regards,