Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Neighbors fence on my property.

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 08:42:28 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

He still spent a lot of money on lawyers that could have better been
spent on the kid.

I forgot to make my point, which was that just as your mother's
neighbor got ticked off because your mother was a better landscaper,
this woman got ticked off because my friend got remarried first (and
she's still not afaik. )

Had a conversation with a family friend who had recently been divorced
and had a six-year-old child....he mentioned that he was trying hard to
get along with the ex for the child's sake....coulda' tried that before
the divorce )

In this case, the guy did try. The woman is literally crazy, sees
things that aren't there, and she mistreated his mother terribly,
probably because she had some grudge against her own mother (and
father), who she hadn't talked to for 8 years, since she married my
friend. She told her 2-year old child that her grandparents were
dead, and never told the kid about the aunt. Her parents, or one of
them, may have mistreated her, but my friend, her husband's mother
didn't.

As for attorneys, my not-extensive experience has found that they are
totally, absolutely worthless 75% of the time. One probably would have
been in peril of losing his license if I had filed a complaint.

MD's run about the same score, the difference being that they can/do
save lives when the going gets rough. OTOH, they sure can mess stuff
up. Friend recently dx with prostate cancer .... biopsy positive.
Check. Bone scan positive. Check. NO information as to how treatment,
already begun, would change based on the ca spread. Not one mention;
just phone call from nurse. MD's, any more, remind me of vacuum cleaner
salemen...."got a nifty colonoscopy for you, $500 down and easy monthly
payments". "But doc, I got no risk of colon cancer but I can't climb
steps any more."