Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Neighbors fence on my property.

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:29:56 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/2/2013 2:18 PM, micky wrote:

In chicago, I lived on the first floor of a 3-story 6 apartment

building, and our evening newspaper was often missing. The paper boy

delivered another but insisted it was the 2nd. So I parked right

at the foot of the sidewalk leading to our front door. Didn't iknow

what I was going to do. Through the glass doors and the windows

beside it, I saw a young man come down the steps and bend down. I

figured he was picking up the paper. I popped out of the car and

walked up the sidewalk, still not knowing what I would say. As we

met about halfway between the building and the street, I stuck out my

hand, took the paper from his hand, and said "Thanks." The paper was

never stolen again.

That wouldn't be my way of handling it. A guy is stealing your

newspaper and you "thank" him? Good grief! I suppose if he mugged

you, you'd wish him a happy day.

And that's why YOU woudl have your paper stolen every time he was

there for as long as you lived there. I on the other hand never had

our paper stolen agani. Yet you read this story and still insist

you'd do it your way. You remind me of the angry man who blows

trash into his neighbor's yard.

I'd say it was well handled. No confrontation, no arguments, point

made. Well made.

Yes, nice approach, if you like letting people spit in your
face and then telling them that it must be raining. I suppose a rape
victim should just say, thank you, but I really didn't enjoy it.
Hell, let's not offend anyone, not a thief, not anyone. Sad to see
how politically correct and emasculated this country has become.