Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Converting a 200W discharge lamp video projector to LED

On 2/10/2013 6:35 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:

**BTW: This is the torch I spoke of:

http://www.ozstock.com.au/8108/Super...able-Lens.html

You may find one locally. It's a bloody rip-snorter.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

I'm glad it's "Plash resistant" and has a "Tactical switch". They
should be useful features ... ! :-)

**What are you going to do? Spelling is not what it once was. One of my
regular buyng sites is a very large Aussie retailer. It appears they
employ copywriters whose first language is not English.

Seriously though, it is a somewhat different design to ones that I've
seen previously, so may be a considerable improvement. It does seem to
be a technology that's evolving quite quickly.

Arfa

**Indeed. Here is where I get the some really nifty torches:

http://dx.com/

A nice aspect of the site are the uncensored reviews of their products.
Delivery is slow, but free. This is an immensely impressive torch:

http://dx.com/p/ultrafire-th-t60-ha-...-x-18650-57007

It does us special LiIon batteries though. About 3 Bucks each. The
special charger is another 6 or 7 bucks.

These things are astonishingly good:

http://dx.com/p/12w-7000k-800-lumen-...p-12-14v-80512

Almost twice as bright (measured with a light meter) as an 11 Watt T5
fluoro lamp. They must be glued to a small flat piece of aluminium heat
sink, but, even then, they are exceptionally compact. I've purchased
dozens of these. I cannot recommend them more highly. Awesome product.
My neighbour uses them in his camping trailer.

And here is the 100 Watt LED emitter I purchased:

http://dx.com/p/jr-100w-w-100w-9000l...-30-36v-173825

It requires a separately available 3 Amp, constant current source.
Easily replaces one of those 500 Watt halogen work lights.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au