Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall warts seem to be taking over the world...

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 02:53:57 -0700 (PDT), Halmyre wrote:

I can never work out which of the buggers is supposed to power what. I
wanted to power up an old ADSL modem/router and I've got a boxful of
adapters and I don't know which one is for the router.

Hopefully the kit has some marking either on the label or moulded
into the case next to the power socket giving the voltage, current,
polarity and AC/DC. You just need to look for a wart that matches.
Voltage, polarity, AC/DC need to match, current just needs to be the
same or higher on the wart.

Yes, labeling is agood idea but when you have a nice new toy to play
with you don't want to faff about labeling the wart... B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.