Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to Choose, Buy, and Safely Use a Good Surge Protector

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 04:59:12 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

So, at work, you had surge protectors and equipment wasn't damaged. At
home you chose to have no surge protectors and a bunch of electrical
gear was destroyed. And from that, you conclude that surge protectors
don't work?

When I was a kid, you might hear: "unplug the TV" during a lightning
storm. Told never to take a shower or wash dishes (metal fixture
pipes) - things like that.

I've felt tingles in my bare feet from a distant strike.