Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Wall warts seem to be taking over the world...

RobertL wrote:
On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 6:42:46 PM UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 01/10/13 18:38, Bert Coules wrote:

The curiously-named "Huge" wrote, somewhat rudely:
http://just****inggoogleit.com/

I did so before I posted the question, which wasn't intended to
elicit an answer but rather to make the (admittedly somewhat
self-centred) point (in what I hoped was a mildly good-natured
manner) that the term was new to me.

Is it really in such widespread use that I'm the only one here who
hasn't previously encountered it?

yes.

No

TBH I have only ever heard the term "wall wart" used by newsgroup posters.

It's called a "wall adapter" in Yorkshire. West Yorkshire not included:-)

--
Adam