Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Wall warts seem to be taking over the world...

In message , at 21:06:24 on
Tue, 1 Oct 2013, alan remarked:
I really wanted to rationalise the various extension strips I have
under the desk and arrange to put the sockets somewhere more
accessible. The only options I can think of at the moment are either
two 6 gang switched extension leads fastened to one end of the desk or
four MK 3 gang switched socket outlets recessed into the end panel of
the desk. At least these would cover current needs and allow for a
couple of spare outlets.

Just watch for the spacing of the sockets on the cheaper extensions.
Many wall warts are wider/longer than a standard plug. Two large wall
warts may not fit in adjacent sockets. Extensions that have 2x2 sockets
in a square format can result in one or more of the sockets being
unusable when there are wall warts plugged in.

The cords can also clash, because about half come out of the top and
half out of the bottom.
--
Roland Perry