Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tahiri Tahiri is offline

Default Wall warts seem to be taking over the world...

http://just****inggoogleit.com/

I did so before I posted the question, which wasn't intended to elicit an
answer but rather to make the (admittedly somewhat self-centred) point (in
what I hoped was a mildly good-natured manner) that the term was new to
me.

Is it really in such widespread use that I'm the only one here who hasn't
previously encountered it?

I had not heard the term before either. It does seem fairly apt, but has a
very american feel to it. Just out of curiousity, is it another imported
word
or did it originate here?
(I found their page on the wiki diyfaq but it doesn't say.)