nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
If I set up an exhaust fan in the crawlspace that runs non stop, eventually
the motor would wear out and fail.
Would it go up in flame? Or are all motors used in the usa required to
shutdown gracefully?

Alot of fans/motors are used in commercial applications. I can't imagine
them going up in flames at the end of their lives.
Maybe contact the Baldor company and find out if their motors are used in any ventilation fans. Baldor motors are expensive, but they're not throw-away motors. They're made to be rebuilt if and when they need rebuilding.

So, if you use a blower driven by a Baldor motor, and you make a point of rebuilding that motor every 40 years, it'll outlast your grandkids' grandkids.

Baldor Electric Company, a leader in energy efficient electric motors, linear motors and adjustable speed drives industry