Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default Deck Repair w/Trex (and link to jpg)

On 10/01/2013 01:17 PM, Bill wrote:

I picked up the Trex decking last week, now I am waiting on the screws
(dum-de-dum-dum)--would have been nice if the salesman asked me if I
needed matching screws! I took it for granted they would have them in
the store. It also would have been nice if he had handed me back my
credit card, but there it was lying on their counter 2 1/2 hours later,
he was long gone. I picked up my card and sought a salesperson..and he
asked to see my ID. YES, It was at Home Depot. And YES, I feel lucky
that I wasn't arrested for stealing my credit card!!!

But the reason for my post is this "adjustable screw depth setter" I ran
across:

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-ha...68-c-10156.htm

Is this accessory the secret to beautiful deck screws (that is, will it
give superior results compared to the clutch on my Bosch drill)? Note: I
will be using "square head" deck screws. Can I (I mean, dare I?) use it
with my impact driver?

Thank you,
Bill

Might take a look at this: