Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan alan is offline

Default Wall warts seem to be taking over the world...

On 01/10/2013 18:10, rbel wrote:

I really wanted to rationalise the various extension strips I have
under the desk and arrange to put the sockets somewhere more
accessible. The only options I can think of at the moment are either
two 6 gang switched extension leads fastened to one end of the desk or
four MK 3 gang switched socket outlets recessed into the end panel of
the desk. At least these would cover current needs and allow for a
couple of spare outlets.

Just watch for the spacing of the sockets on the cheaper extensions.
Many wall warts are wider/longer than a standard plug. Two large wall
warts may not fit in adjacent sockets. Extensions that have 2x2 sockets
in a square format can result in one or more of the sockets being
unusable when there are wall warts plugged in.