Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Back to school

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 10:07:32 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

I just finished a course in vibrational analysis. Very interesting,
although it showed me how much I had forgotten from previous schooling.
Hope to test and be certified soon, and until then, it's study, study,
study. The industrial world is finding out that by monitoring
vibration, they can extend the life of machines, and minimize down time
by replacing failing machines before catastrophic failures and
collateral damage.

Steve

A very good friend of mine went into that field. After a couple years
he split off on his own and monitored equipment at several large
sites. He did quite well, making a decent income with a flexible work
schedule.

He just retired near Phoenix.

Karl