Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Stability of 240v supply under FIT tarrif?

On 01/10/13 09:33, harryagain wrote:
On 30/09/13 23:46, John Williamson wrote:
harryagain wrote:
Why do you suppose that "iron losses" in AC motors and tranformers
are
almost constant regardless of load.
Not for the reasons you suppose.

The iron losses are constant because the flux is constant.

The flux varies with the current. That's how a transformer works. The
current in the primary winding varies, which causes the magnetic flux
in
the core to vary, which generates current in the secondary winding.

The losses in iron cores are due to hysteresis, which is a
non-linearity
in magnetic response of the iron to changing magnetic fields,
particularly ones that reverse periodically. Entropy and quantum
effects
are involved.

No point in trying to educate harry.
He thinks he knows it all already.

While you are as thick as they come.
Shouting your big mouth off from a position of zero knowledge of even
elementary schoolboy physics.

The prob;lem is harry, that I am a qualifiued trained and practicing
negineere who has actually DESIGNED transformers, so I know MORE than the
elementary schoolboy physics.

You don't even know how they work.