Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Set 512

Mike Duffy wrote:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 23:55:07 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

Or - you could just go buy dimensional lumber at your local Big Box
store, and simply build the project at hand.

I take it then that water content is not something considered
important? I must admit that I am new at this. Perhaps it is only
important when you are working with naturally-procured wood. Is the
big-box material usually pre-conditioned to be at a fairly consistent
water content? Should wood be expected to warp and develop cracks as
it ages?

You can take it that you are making way more of this than you need to.

--

-Mike-