Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Anyone make a parts tumbler??

wrote in message
On Monday, September 30, 2013 9:58:06 PM UTC-4, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

As a point of refrence, mine is 3/4 hp 1750 rpm motor and the 50 lb media
load ( 3cubic feet) commutes at an amplitude of about .030 in

Is the axis of the motor vertical or somewhat off vertical? And is the
shaft with the eccentric weight as far away from the bowl as reasonably
possible?

Mine is the rectangular tub wet-type, Dan.

http://www.candmtopline.com/finishing_tanks.html#300

I use it mostly to clean and remove minor burrs from band sawing 6061
aluminum rectangular bars to length, and also it provides a uniform matte
surface that enhances product overall appearance before anodizing.

I also have a medium sized rock tumbler that I can use with various media
such as silica sand or walnut if the need arises, but mostly I've used it in
the past to grind "meal" which I'd then mix with about 30% 4F which lowers
the cost per launch and also slows the burn rate which reduces mortar
pressure thus eliminating a failure mode I had been experiencing that is
oftentimes called "flower potting"