Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can a "Dodge 2500" pick-up handle a 3,700 lbs load?

on Sun, 29 Sep 2013 18:32:11 -0400 typed in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 00:16:15 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Ignoramus795 on Sat, 28 Sep 2013
13:09:53 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Any idea?

How is it loaded, what are the roads like? Bed or trailer? You
might be able to get away with loading the bed down with that much,
but ... nothing sadder than seeing a man on the side of the road with
a blown tire, or broken suspension, and a full load in the bed.

I moved something on the order of 2500 pounds of brick in the back
of a Ranger. Three times. But it was a very (very) short drive on a
very 'flat' (no bumps or potholes) drive - down the block.
I would not have taken that load on any other route. Not even
across the main road.
--
pyotr filipivich

over 600 sq feet of 3/4 inch ash in the bed of 1996 Ranger 2 wheel
drive, 28 km of highway driving (2 lane sub-urban) no problem. Truck
never rode so nice.

I make due with sandbags and cinder blocks B-)
--
pyotr filipivich