Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Can a "Dodge 2500" pick-up handle a 3,700 lbs load?

wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 00:32:06 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Ignoramus795" wrote in message
om...

Any idea?

Do you really have to even ask?

On a 2008 Ram 2500 the load capacity with standard equipment is 3020
lbs. The only difference between a 2500 and a 3500 single rear wheel
RAM is the sise of the block between the axle and the rear spring, and
the tire size - with the 3500 rated at 4660 - so other than possible
tire issues, I really do not see an issue here - assuming the load can
be loaded without damaging the box, and the weight can be applied well
forward of the rear axle.

Thanks, but I'm not the one who was asking.