JK

Default New work shop ideas ...

That sounds like a nice shop. We make furniture and the big tools I would
get at first a

Table saw, jointer, planer, drill press with a mortise attachment, and a
bandsaw. You can make tons of stuff with just those tools. Buy the best
you can afford, so you don't have to buy them again later.

For power hand tools I would get a belt sander with a sanding frame, a
random orbital sander, palm sander, router, cordless drill.

That should start you off okay, unless I forgot something. That is really
all you need to get going. I have had the same basic tools for years and
don't really feel the need to get anything else... except for the occasional
toy. :-)

James

Makers Of Small Table Making Software
http://www.knightlite.com/creative

"LoboMike" wrote in message
link.net...
I have a unique opportunity with our current move; to build a purpose

built
work shop. I am starting with a 24' x 24' garage plan with stairs to

"loft"
storage. Building will be insulated and have heat pump HVAC.

Given a similar opportunity and from your experience what do you suggest I
incorporate into this effort. It will include a quality TS (Griz or maybe
the new Sears), drill press, jointer, etc. Quality wood working is the
objective.

TIA

--
LoboMike

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with
watches you shave his face in the mirror every morning.