Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Looking for something like a window stay - but not quite

I'm after some adjustable stays for varying the slope (manually on an as
needed basis, on a boat) of some solar panels.

I imagine them as two pieces of metal bar about 1ft long each with a
friction joint of some sort in the middle (wing nut to tighten maybe)
and some sort of rotating joint at each end.

Is there anything ready made that would remotely resemble this? For
example a window stay might possibly provide the two bars if not the
rotating ends.

Any/all ideas welcome, even if it's to say I need to make them myself.
It shouldn't be too difficult with some aluminium bar or similar but if
I can get something to take me some of the way that would be good.

--
Chris Green
ยท