Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Took a guess, fixed my dryer for $30 but don't understand why.

Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

So why did the dryer have to be completely off for 15 minutes
before the gas would turn back on?

Most likely because there was nothing wrong with the solenoid. More likely you
had a problem with the hi temp limit switch. Either the switch was failing, or
there was enough lint in the vent that the burner was causing the switch to
trip. Mucking around with the solenoid either tapped the switch enough that it
started working again, or you cleaned the vent as a part of changing the
solenoid. Either way, you're likely to see the real problem recur.

A half a dozen loads later and she's still running strong.

BTW, since replacing the solenoids, I found this at an appliance repair
site...