Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Very OT - but this stuff is getting rediculous...

wrote:
On 29 Sep 2013 00:35:25 GMT, Larry wrote:
While I don't agree with the 9 month suspension, he
broke the law. City code bans the use of BB and pellet guns
within the city limit.

However, a seventh grader is considered underage. If anyone is
responsible, it's his parents for letting him use such a toy. A kid of
that age, mostly doesn't have the realization that he's breaking some
obscure law.

As I replied to Larry - as reported, the "gun" in question was an Airsoft,
and not a BB or a pellet gun. The police that responded to the neighbor's
complaint appear to have found nothing wrong in the boy's activities. It
would not surprise me if there is more to the story than what was reported
in the link I provided, but even if that is the case, it is of no business
of the school, and they well overstepped their boundaries by suspending the
kids for activities having nothing at all to do with school.

--

-Mike-