Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bad purchase, cheapo table saw

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 16:33:52 -0400, krw wrote:

For a normal distribution curve, which applies to intelligence, mean and
average are the same. For a skewed curve, they are not.

I think you'll find it is. There are more people with an IQ of 120 than
80, and more 140 than 60.

Sorry, you're mistaken. But don't believe me. I quote:

"Many distributions fall on a normal curve, especially when large samples
of data are considered. These normal distributions include height,
weight, IQ, SAT Scores, GRE and GMAT Scores, among many others. This is
important to understand because if a distribution is normal, there are
certain qualities that are consistent and help in quickly understanding
the scores within the distribution

The mean, median, and mode of a normal distribution are identical and
fall exactly in the center of the curve."

The quote is taken from:

http://allpsych.com/researchmethods/distributions.html

--
This message was for rec.woodworking - if it appears in homeownershub
they ripped it off.