Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Bad purchase, cheapo table saw

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 17:27:03 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 23:20:51 -0400, krw wrote:

Well, there is a difference between "mean" and "average". ;-)

For a normal distribution curve, which applies to intelligence, mean and
average are the same. For a skewed curve, they are not.

I think you'll find it is. There are more people with an IQ of 120
than 80, and more 140 than 60.

Also mean, median, and mode are all equal for a normal curve.

Assuming a normal distribution.

Well, I'd presume that's what was meant by "normal curve" and it's true
for any symmetric unimodal distribution, not just normal (Gaussian).