Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Can a "Dodge 2500" pick-up handle a 3,700 lbs load?

On 9/28/2013 11:48 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus795 wrote:

Any idea?

Look online on the Dodge site to find the ratings for the particular
model year, cab type, etc. The '13 F250 load ratings are 3,040#-4,240#
depending on cab, 4x4, etc. so Presumably it should be in the ballpark
for a Dodge 2500 as well, pretty much max load but not likely to break
anything if the truck is in good condition.

Since I have one, I can report it's the tires that can't handle it. The
2500 and 3500 are the same truck, except when the 3500 has duals in the
rear. A single wheel 3500 is still only as good as a 2500.

Just don't get stopped by the load police!

Paul