Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can a "Dodge 2500" pick-up handle a 3,700 lbs load?

om...
On 2013-09-27, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 13:09:53 -0500, Ignoramus795
wrote:

Any idea?

In the bed? Or towing?

Towing, yes.

In the bed? No.

In the bed.

No. It's a 1 ton.

*** Brain Fart *** It's a 3/4 ton.

Even with some combination of airbags, over loads, and or load levelers I
wouldn't try to put more than 3K in the bed, and then only if it could be
well secured, and well supported to prevent bed damage.

I used to hauled upto about 1400 in my 1/2 ton with load levelers, but it
was about all it I felt comfortable with. I've got trailers for heavier
stuff now even though all my trucks are 3/4 ton.