Wood Butcher

Default New work shop ideas ...

If you're going to have a concrete floor you should consider where you're
going to place the tablesaw, jointer, and other machines which will not be
along a wall. This will allow you the chance to put in-floor electric and dust
sucker ducting in the slab. If you are planning wood floors and will have
access to the bottom, this is a moot point.

Also, assuming this will be a detached building, a toilet and a sink can come
in real handy. Especially during foul weather.

Art

"LoboMike" wrote in message
link.net...
I have a unique opportunity with our current move; to build a purpose built
work shop. I am starting with a 24' x 24' garage plan with stairs to "loft"
storage. Building will be insulated and have heat pump HVAC.

Given a similar opportunity and from your experience what do you suggest I
incorporate into this effort. It will include a quality TS (Griz or maybe
the new Sears), drill press, jointer, etc. Quality wood working is the
objective.

TIA

--
LoboMike

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with
watches you shave his face in the mirror every morning.