Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Bad purchase, cheapo table saw

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 18:39:50 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
No, I think if I am smart enough to figure something out it should be
obtainable by most every one else. I have most often commented in years
past, If I can figure it out you should be able to figure it out. If
you can't figure it out, I may not be able to either.

Aren't you leaving major parts of the solving ability out? I think
people can be comparable in intelligence yet have different aptitudes.
Aptitudes that can enable someone to solve something while another
similarly intelligent person has greater difficulty.

Maybe one person has an aptitude for mathematics while another person
might have an aptitude for a science. Possibly one person might
possess the doggedness to keep working on a problem while someone else
with fairly equal intelligence might give up much more easily. There's
all sorts of variables that come into play that may not be related to
straight intelligence.

You have a point there, but I used to make that comment when making a
comparison to several that were hired to do the same job. They were hired,
because of their experience to do a relatively specialized job. I was
hired as a PT, do what ever needs to be done, kin in school. I was often
asked by our boss to help, those with the special skills, diagnose a
problem.