Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 22:19:44 +0000 (UTC), Alex Gunderson
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 13:42:32 -0400, clare wrote:

I wouldn't WANT to own a 1000 gallon fuel tank - propane, gasoline,
or deisel, strictly from the liability perspective. They own it, they are
responsible for it, and if anything goes wrong THEY replace it.

For some strange reason, from a home-repair perspective, owning
a big round cylinder that will outlast me plus the next two owners
of my residence (whomever they may be) just isn't a big worry for me.

I'm more worried about things that actually have moving parts.

+1

....but owning those is almost always a better deal, too. The leaser
isn't losing money. I rented the conversion burner because 1) I
didn't know how much life the boiler had left and 2) I owned it within
a few years anyway (the "interest" was about zero).