external usenet poster

Default Bad purchase, cheapo table saw

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:20:18 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

Most U.S. Americans these days don't have the most common of

knowledge's, common sense. They don't realize and therefore can not

appreciate the value in buying a quality product. I attribute a lot of

Next speaker! ;~)

From that statement I think you think you are way smarter than most people and I think you are wrong.

Most people are just as smart and aware as you, they just make different decisions than you would make. Somehow you think your decisions are undoubtedly correct and theirs are wrong; when in reality theirs are just different.

You can present all the logic you want for the correctness of your decisions but it doesn't make any case at all for why their different decision is not also correct, for them.

I fully understand the value of buying a quality product and I have common sense and I buy crappy products all the time. Yes, I do like to complain about just how crappy something is at times and yes I get surprised sometimes, like this crappy saw and find out it was too crappy to do what I wanted but that doesn't mean I don't have common sense.

For instance Festools are undoubtedly far superior to most standard brands but I will never likely buy one because I value my cash flow over getting 10 years vs 5 years of service for twice the price. I can get results that work for me from far less expensive devices now and in many cases I come out way ahead because I never use the tool enough to have justified the stupid high prices of some manufacturers.

Next speaker.

I have a "rule" that I generally follow. Never buy the cheapest or
the most expensive of anything (I intend to use for more than 5
minutes.)