Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 13:29:44 -0700, wrote:

The simple fact is at this point you don't know who owns it. And again,
you're getting gas, no one is saying they want the tank back, no one is
charging you for it. WTF is the problem?

I don't disagree with you as I "may" own it even if the gas company
thinks they own it. They probably know the law much better than I do,
which may be a reason why they've never come to get it.

The ownership only matters if I want to switch suppliers (in which
case I have to fill out another affidavit saying I own it) or if
the current company asks me for rent.

At that immediate point, it matters greatly who owns that tank!

Note: When I get home, I can see who the company is that made it and
I can call them to see if they know who BOUGHT the tank originally;
then I can work down the chain of ownership.