Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:28:58 -0700, wrote:

So, who cares who owns it? As long as they aren't charging you for it,
the current company is the lowest cost propane supplier, and they keep
filling it, like others here I don't see the logic in shelling out $1000+
for a new tank when you have a free one.

I think I didn't make it clear that I was just lining up my ducks.

I agree with you, it matters not who owns it as long as they don't
charge me for them owning it.

I asked the question only because I only recently found out that they
say they own it - and I expect them to say that I need to pay rent
at some point in the future.

Or, I might want to go to a different supplier, and, if so, I can no
longer file an affidavit that implies that I own it.

At either of those points, it matters greatly who owns it.
That's why I care now.
Before one of those two things happens.