Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 20:25:02 +0000 (UTC), Alex Gunderson
wrote in Re Who
actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?:

I called the title company, who said that they will get back to me to
confirm, but, offhand, they said they don't cover "personal property".

They said they "think" the propane tank (just like a satellite dish)
is actually "personal property".

Generally, personal property that is "substantially affixed" to real
property, becomes real property. For example, consider a large
bathroom mirror that is hung with wires on the back of the mirror
frame to hooks on the wall. That mirror is personal property.

But take that mirror and screw it onto the wall via bolts going
through the frame and into the studs and it becomes real property.

Is a large outside steel tank connected by underground pipe to a
heating unit (which is certainly real property) also real property? I
would say yes; but that's what they have juries for: to decide such
things.