Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

"Alex Gunderson" wrote in message

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 08:39:40 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I might have missed it. Is there some reason you
don't just keep hiring the existing company to
fill your propane? What's the big ownership
question? Are they far too expensive?

Good question.
I'm actually happy with the existing company.

The only thing that 'may' change is they may charge
a rental fee (which, over time, would, at some point,
exceed the cost of the tank) and they may charge a
higher rate for the propane.

Plus, I can no longer shop around and go to someone
else for propane (who may have a lower cost).

Yes you can. Go with a new company and they will either continue filling
the tank you have or rent you another; in the latter case the owner (not
you) of the current tank is supposed to come and het their tank. If they
don't you are back in ther situation tanksise that you are now but ther is
nothing stopping you from switching companies.

And if anyone ever has the temerity to try to charge you past rent for the
existing tank, tell them to take a hike.
--

dadiOH