Posted to alt.home.repair
Chip C Chip C is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Friday, 27 September 2013 10:34:13 UTC-4, Alex Gunderson wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 05:52:20 -0700, wrote:

Apparently they questioned him as to who owned the tank and he filled out
an affidavit stating that he owned it.

Confirmed.

If anything ever goes wrong and the neighbors sue your delivery company (which they will, since it's richer than you) that affidavit will be central to downloading the liability to you. Which is kinda fair, really. I guess you could find yourself facing some kind of false-document charge, but only if some third party came forth with a claim to owning it, which is real unlikely after it blows up.

I presume your insurer has acknowledged its presence. They could forget you mentioned it to them, if it suited them.

I'm increasingly thinking that since (a) there is no branding of any kind on the tank and (b) whatever company the prior owner used never came to demand it back when he quit buying from them, that it actually is a privately owned tank, and that you really did take ownership of it with the house.

Chip C
Toronto