Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline

Default Rivet Spinner

In article ,
wrote:

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:16:18 PM UTC-4, Pilgrim wrote:
Can anyone tell me the proper profile for the spinner to do chainsaw

chain? Yes, I know "Why?". I am retired and it is a challenge. I bought

at an estate sale a Lot of the right size chains, but all too long. I

have the splitter taken care of with an adaptor for the arbor press.

Thanks

Chuck P.

It may not be spun, motorcycle rivet-type master links are done with a
handheld screw press.
A bicycle rivet press might be just right.

Chainsaw chains are spun. There are many types of spinners on the market.
Just google them or on Ebay. I am too tight to pay the cost and the
cheap Harbor Freight one has bad reviews.

CP