Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Alternative to Renting Light Towers

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 9/26/2013 10:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
They did that on one episode of MASH.

My gut sense is that the marine battery route might
work. Need to find someone who is competent to charge
them correctly. I've killed a marine battery by
leaving it on a Harbor Freight float charger, which
dried it out and it never came back to life.

I wonder if a couple halogen lamps from Harbor Freight,
and one or two small gasoline generators would do the
trick? Have the advantage of being backup power for
someone during the next power cut.

You're using generator and lights on towers -- so buy
your own?

Get every member of the band and their families to get a free LED
flashlight from Harbor Freight, dismantle the lights, put the LED
and reflector assemblies in several frames, wire them up and power
them off a few car batteries. ^_^

TDD

Get every member of the band and their families to get a free LED
flashlight from Harbor Freight, sell them as a fund raiser and buy the $4K
worth of equipment that you have been looking at.