Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Help installing woods 3 way timer switch

On 9/26/13 1:41 PM, wrote:
Thanks Guys, I think I messed up. Looks like there are no cheap 3 way timers. I thought it was a 3 way but i read on the box in the amazon website that it is not.

The model is Woods 59007

So why does it have 4 cables? i know what to do with the red, black and green cables but what does the white one do? Ill try today on a different wall.

For those interested, the install sheet for the Woods 59007 is at
http://www.ccixpress.com/cci/Marketi...7_InstrMan.pdf

It is an SPST, not a 3-way. The 4 wires go like this:

Black on sw incoming Hot black from panel

Switched Hot Red outgoing black toward lamp

Green Green ground

All 3 whites tied together.

So it is the same 3 wires as on a $.99 SPST switch, with addition of a
white neutral connection