Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Motorized Knee , Iggy, Anybody? (milling machines guys, not bionics)

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:16:05 -0500
"Pete C." wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 06:46:28 -0500, Ignoramus4074

On 2013-09-25, Karl Townsend wrote:
Here my powered knee:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/camsof...olchanger.html

I only move the knee to set tool length most of the time

I may soon need a motorized knee to get in and out of trucks

Bet my knees are in worse shape right now. I'm not letting my very
young picking crew use the ten foot ladder, only the seven. So, I'm
doing all the tall old monster trees. This old fart has a hell of time
with a thirty pound picking bag (when full of fruit) reaching for that
last apple fourteen feet off the ground. In general keep up with
teenagers is kicking my ass.

karl

10' ladder? Yuck! Get a cheap used bucket truck from a cable company and
start living large...

He needs a Brownie:

http://www.philbrownwelding.com/inde...d=1&Ite mid=2

or maybe better yet, a "Picking Platform":

http://www.philbrownwelding.com/inde...52&It emid=66

of course I think he's hoping to retire someday soon and those machines
sure won't help his savings ;-)

The local date harvesters use a specialized scaffold that goes 3/4 of the
way around the tree and then drops down to close the gap. They move them
with a forklift.