Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Faraday cages

wrote:
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:13:34 -0700, "Tony944" wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I want to turn my trailer into a large Faraday cage. The outside walls &
roof are tin. How much foil do I need inside on the floors/walls &
ceilings in order to get a true Faraday cage?

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Chris I don't know what you trying to do and I believe it is not for your
self;

However trailer can be made very easily to block RFI, EMI, but as they say
money makes world go around. For inside get aluminum sheeting 4'x8' overlap
½' to 1' and screw it together, Doors you most use braided heavy cooper wire
to ground all doors next to hinges. Power coming in can be done by grounding
bank of capacitors with different range of capacity in order to cover broad
range of frequencies on outside wall and inside, wires should go through
metal pipe from connecting box outside to connecting box inside, also you
can purchase Ferrite Core Noise Suppressor EMI RFI Clip Cable Filters with
selective frequency that will limit interference with in their range, again
same hook up precaution should be taking as with capacitors and both can be
use spaced some what apart for better cleaning..

Good luck Tony

Just from practical experience I can say a garden variety aluminum
frame screen cage with aluminum screen rolled in it is a pretty
effective Faraday Cage. Radios and TVs will not work at all unless you
have an external antenna or cable.

Hi,
Also there is conductive paint.