Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Swamp cooler water feed problem

On 26 Sep 2013 16:59:38 GMT, KenK wrote:

If the float is ok and the float rod is unlikely to be bending, then
the next logical suspect is the valve the float arm connects to.
Perhaps the connection to the arm is slipping, the valve seat is
deteriorating or something else is happening there including perhaps
the mounting of the valve itself that is allowing the shift to occur.

Interesting theory. Not sure how to check. Appears to be all ok; I'll
look again.

Well, it will soon be time to turn off the cooler for the year. I'll have
all winter to replace the valve and I can take a good look at the old one
just out of curiosity.

Hard water might be an issue, perhaps, the valve is sticking from
minerals (salts, calcium, etc).

I imagine you do an annual cleaning and inspection.