Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Boiler help

ChloeP wrote:
I recently moved into an older property, from early 1950s, and we've got
an oil burning boiler that's at least 20 years old if not older.
I want to replace it with something more efficient but don't know
whether to go for gas or electric.
I presume electric is more efficient but more expensive, I'm not sure it
evens out in the end.
Also I need recommendations for contractors in the Houston area. I've
searched online and found these guys 'Houston Plumber | Air Conditioner
| Heating Services | Aramendia' (http://www.aramendiahouston.com)
but being new to the area I'd like some actual recommendations before I
start ringing around.

I've read all the responses up to this date.
Another expense to consider is that when converting from oil to any
other fuel or electricity there is the expense of the removal of the oil
in the tank and either filling the now empty buried tank with an
appropriate filler (I would use concrete to prevent the tank caving in)
or the removal of the above ground tank.
http://inspectapedia.com/oiltanks/oiltend.htm

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY