Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jcharth@gmail.com is offline

Default Help installing woods 3 way timer switch

Hello I tried to install the switch yesterday with all possible cable combinations and I was not able to get it to work. The best outcome was when I hook the black wire to the black wire, the red wire to the red wire, and the white wire to the white wire. The green wire goes to the cooper line inside the box. This house was build in 1960. There is a regular switch on one side of the 3 way setup. If that switch is ON the light on the 3 way is ON. If I push the button on the 3 way woods switch while the light is ON, the lights go ON for less than one second and then it jumps to the off positon after a small click sound. This happens with both switches that I got. What could be going on?