Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Interesting saw

wrote:
On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 22:26:45 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 9/25/2013 8:21 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Very scary..The antithesis of saw stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKKcyKxu7aQ

I once saw a video from south of the USA border where a guy, "an
artist", did a similar thing to carve wood, not just cut it in half.
Scarey!

I cut a LOT of elm with a similar saw back on the farm in the late
sixties - ours was flat belt driven off the pulley of the 1949 Massey
Harris 44 - it would cut wood all day running at idle on a gallon or
two of gas. OSHA would have a BIRD today!!! No guards on the blade or
the belt

Likewise, we had one that we ran off an 8N Ford. Everybody had one back
then. Don't recall hearing of accidents with them, though looking back,
it's almost amazing you didn't.

--

-Mike-