Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Solid Fuses: Visible Indicator If Blown?

gregz wrote:

....snip...

In the 70's working at NASA tracking station, we used loran to track cesium
clock drift. There was a special receiver for that. Loran C and D. The only
other way to measure cesium clock, was for them to bring in a portable
reference.

Ahh...the circle of life.

The timing equipment that created the Loran signal was controlled by a
cesium beam oscillator.

We Loran techs sent out a really, really well timed signal so you could use
it to track drift on the same type of clock that was used to create the
signal. Cool!

Based on this timeline, Loran D went out of service in the late 60's. Are
you sure it was Loran D that you used in the 70s? Loran C was used before
and after that timeline. I never dealt with Loran D, only A and C.

http://www.jproc.ca/hyperbolic/timeline.html

....snip...

Greg